When we think about simple home maintenance, getting the locks changed is not usually at the top of our list. At least, it isn’t something we necessarily imagine as an example of home maintenance. It most certainly is. In fact, there are many different reasons as to why someone might choose to have their locks changed.
To be sure, the list includes changing your locks after a break-in. We can be there quickly to handle any lock changing work you have in mind and show you the various options available. In addition, we can certainly make sure such work is completed in fairly short fashion.
Why Do People Get Their Locks Changed?
We rely on our locks to protect our homes, businesses, and valuables. To that end, you want to make sure you are doing everything possible to arm yourself with the best. Here are some of the biggest reasons to get your locks changed. With an understanding of these reasons, we can get into the subject of what to look for in a professional Locksmith company.
All of these items point to almost a certainty that you need to have your locks changed:
- Losing your keys: If you lose your keys, the first thing you are definitely going to want to do is have the locks changed. This is something that should be done as quickly as possible. You certainly don’t know where your missing keys could end up. Failure to get the locks changed after such an occurrence is actually one of the major reasons for break-ins. Even if the keys have been returned by someone who found them, do you know for sure that they weren’t copied?
- Moving to a new home: If you’ve moved to a new home, it just makes sense to get the locks changed as quickly as possible. You can’t be sure of how many keys the previous owner gave out. You don’t want someone to just show up through your front door in the middle of the night!
- If your neighbors check on the house: If you go away for any period of time, and you ask the neighbors to check on things while you are away, you may want to have those locks changed once you’re back. You don’t know what could have happened while you were away. This may strike you as a bit overzealous, but it’s still worth keeping in mind.
- Repair professionals/service professionals: If you have to give one of your keys to a repair person or service person, and you don’t get those keys back, you will want to have the locks changed. This is another situation in which you can’t be sure of where the key has gone, or if someone has made copies.
- Roommates: Do you have roommates? If any of them move out for any reason, have the locks changed. This isn’t necessarily a reflection of the roommate’s character. You just once again cannot be sure as to where those keys have gone, and who may have had the opportunity to have them copied.
- Old/difficult: Another reason to change your locks? Simply put, if they are old, worn-down, and difficult to open, then it’s probably best to just have them swapped out with something new. A worn lock can fail over time. A difficult-to-open lock can also become absolutely impossible at some point, which means you may find yourself locked out.
- Break-ins: This is perhaps the biggest reason to have the locks changed. If your home has been burglarized, you probably have a lot on your mind. There are a number of things you are going to need to do, and having the locks changed is going to be at just about the top of the list.
Looking for A Locksmith
With any of the scenarios listed above, it stands to reason that you want to have the absolute best in the industry to take care of things. From showing you the different options for new locks, to making sure the work is completed quickly, our experts at Capital Locksmith can take care of everything. Our experience, professionalism, and equipment is such that we can handle any of the situations mentioned above.
Regardless of the specific situation you find yourself in, we can help. If any of the situations above apply to you, don’t waste any time. Contact us today, and we can get started on making sure your needs are addressed quickly.